As a small business owner it is imperative to keep your company name in front of your current and potential clients. In fact, in marketing there is a rule called the “seven times factor”, which states a customer must see your product or company name at least seven times before they will even consider buying from you. This means it’s up to you to get your name out there without alienating your prospective clients. Email newsletters or E-zines (as they are commonly called) are a great way to start!
There are many benefits to using email newsletters as part of your marketing campaign. The top 10 are:
- Builds Relationships: It’s clear that building a relationship with your clients is of paramount importance in these high tech times. The more technology plays a part in marketing the more important it becomes for you clients to feel you are a “real person”
- Informative: Keep your readers/clients up to date on your latest business information.
- Convenient: Your newsletters go directly to the client’s main information source. Their email inbox.
- Timely: Clients receive information about your customer just as it happens, no delay.
- Viral: People can forward your newsletters to others, getting your name/products in front of even more eyes.
- Low Cost: The cost of sending an email newsletter in minuscule. It is a fraction of what it would be to send a newsletter with first class stamps.
- Targeted Audience: It is crucial that you are targeting your marketing efforts to maximize your sales. An email newsletter is particularly targeted because your subscribers have opted-in, they have asked you to send them more information.
- Tracking: With programs such as Constant Contact, AWeber, Mail Chimp, you can track any number of variables, from how many people are opening your newsletters to how many are clicking on links, and which links they are clicking on.
- Customer Retention: Most businesses don’t lose customers because of pricing, but because customers don’t feel important. Staying in touch with customers via email newsletters will give you the personal touch needed to make your customers feel important and remain loyal to your business.
- Immediacy: The speed of email is a wonderful asset. You can decide to have a “one day sale”, send out a special newsletter and have a successful sale, all in the same day.
Newsletters are an extremely valuable piece of the marketing puzzle. We produce successful newsletters for many of our clients!